Non-Lethal Applications, creators of quality video playback software for Mac, announce Video Slave 3.2, offering new features, improvements and bug fixes. Video Slave 3 rock-solid playback of movies in sync to MIDI Timecode.
- Added support for half-speed playback from Pro Tools.
- Video Slave now determines its playback speed from the video reference if attached. This requires a Blackmagic or AJA device with video reference input.
- Video Slave now supports the import of DS Taker DBF files. Markers are imported as Streamer events.
- Added new preference for the import of sub-cues (currently only supported with DBF files)
- Added support for flutters/punches during cues
- Added ADR Cue default duration setting. This setting is also used when importing ADR Cues from script files when no output TC is provided.
- Added support for open ended cues. If start and end TC are set to the same value, cues will behave as if they were open ended. There will be a streamer/countdown at the beginning and the text/actor/record mode overlay but no progress bar and no black screen. (Note: open ended cues only work when rehearsing/recording/reviewing cues from Pro Tools and also only if batch recording mode is disabled)
- Improved frame-accurate looping. This requires a DAW connection and is thus only available in Video Slave 3 Dub
- Video Slave now displays the HUI connection state in the preferences
- Filtering for actor and character now uses a dropdown menu instead of a text field
- New display settings preferences UI. Many customers were confused by the combination of device list and device settings. We changed the settings UI now to make it more obvious.
- Renamed recording mode "Open Ended" to "Batch Recording" to avoid confusion to the now available open-ended cues
- Fixed a bug where importing a short CSV file with a trailing carriage return wouldn't work
- Fixed a stall/beachball when using MMC
- Fixed a bug reporting a successful activation even though there was a problem with the internet connection
- Fixed a bug of wrong event TC addresses when changing movie start/end TC
- Fixed a bug where systemwide shortcuts for the ADR features wouldn't work in the demo
- Fixed a crash on event file import if character and actor are not both mapped
- Fixed a bug where Video Slave would crash if a Mono output bus was selected for the beep out
- Fixed a bug causing a crash when deleting movies from the playlist
- Fixed a bug where adjusting an audio region's start TC wouldn't work reliably
Video Slave 3 works with all major DAWs including Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Nuendo, Cubase and Studio One or any other device that can generate timecode as a source.
Video Slave 3 can be used either on a wired MIDI connection or through network MIDI.
Video Slave 3's sync engine provides stunningly fast locking times and tight sync guaranteed: in many cases it's better than using the video engine built into the DAW.
New Features at a Glance;
- Improved video playback engine
- Greatly improved overlays
- New ADR workflows
- Professional audio interface support
- Custom movie export
- Perpetual and subscription license options.
For more information visit http://www.video-slave.com