Exponential Audio introduces R4, a powerful new reverb with the character of a classic reverb and a host of new features.
Every generation of engineers and producers has iconic pieces of studio equipment; they act like markers along the path of recording history. Many top engineers will talk about reverbs in the same way, they will speak of the first time they heard some of the classic hardware reverb units which have created a dynasty over the past few decades. Some of these units have Michael Carnes' fingerprints on them, and his new creation R4 is the next reverb in this royal lineage. R4 offers all the class of historic hardware reverb units but with many new features only possible with modern plug-in development technology. R4 is pure class and for this reason, is destined to become a classic. NIMBUS set a new standard for transparent reverb with unprecedented flexibility. R4 is about to do the same for character reverb. R4 will transform your mix by adding movement and fatness to the reverb tail.
Features at a glance
- A character reverb that outdoes all the classics
- Powerful EQ
- 6 selectable types of filter for input, early reflection, and reverb tail.
- Early and tail EQ can be dynamically modulated.Whether a subtle pulsation or sweeping notch,
- modulated EQ is a powerful new weapon in the producer's toolkit.
- R4 retains the Chorused Hall of earlier Exponential Audio plugins. And it adds a second Hall with density
- modulation that adds motion to the tail without adding pitch change. Of course, you can add pitch
- modulation on top if you want it! These halls are the perfect solution for sparse or sterile mixes and solos.
- There's also a Plate and Chamber; updated from R2.
- Warp section with compressor/expander and overdrive
- Pre-delay and reverb delay now adjustable by tempo
- Tail suppression circuit for more dynamic response
- Freeze button. Click the button, and the contents of the reverb go into an infinite mode that goes on as
- long as you like
- Gated reverb effects
- Over 1200 presets
- Helpful tool-tips to guide new users.
On sale at $299USD/€289EU with a free 21-day trial available. With special pricing for existing Exponential Audio customers. Shipping March 10th 2017 https://www.exponentialaudio.com/r4-in-depth
About Exponential Audio
While many companies were making convolution reverbs with photorealistic graphics requiring loads of DSP, Exponential’s Michael Carnes was swimming in the other direction with his designs, in pursuit of sound, efficiency and smooth workflow.
That disruptive approach has paid off, with Exponential Audio now regarded as a leading effects company for professionals in music, post-production and games design.
Exponential Audio plug-ins are used on Grammy-winning albums, and top movies taking you to galaxies far-far away or deep into Middle Earth.